This delicious gluten free stuffing mix is cooked in a baking dish and is a perfect side for your Christmas turkey. It is great as a left over to eat with cold meat cuts and is full of interesting tastes and flavours. Easy to make, this recipe will comfortably serve 6 adults.
1Lb Primal Cut free range pork sausage meat
5 rashers of bacon
5 sticks of celery
1 sweet potato
1 large onion
250g chestnut mushrooms
2 apples, diced
2 tbspn white wine vinegar
1 cup dried cranberries (adjust to taste – use less if you wish)
1 cup pecan nuts
2 eggs beaten
- Cook the diced sweet potato on a baking sheet with a dab of coconut oil. Season well.
- Fry the bacon and when it starts to get cooked, add the chopped apples, celery and onion
- Let these cook down and then add the mushrooms, white wine vinegar and salt and pepper and cook for a further 5 – 7 mins
- Leave to cool
- Put sausage meat into a bowl. add the cooked, cooled mixture and two beaten eggs. Mix together.
- Add the sweet potatoes, pecan nuts and cranberries and mix together.
- Place into a baking dish and cook at 180C for a maximum of 30 mins
- Simple, good food!
- Eat hot or cold and enjoy – Happy Christmas!