So many delicious root vegetables around this time of year, we thought we would create a roast vegetable tray bake topped with our very own brand new Sicilian Sausages. We used three of our Primal Cut Sicilian sausages for this dish and it happily fed a family of four – use quality ingredients sparingly and you can still afford the best of real food for your family!
You will need:-
1.5 kg of mixed vegetables (we used carrots, parsnips, beetroot and turnip)
2 sprigs of thyme
75 ml olive oil
2 red onions
1 bulb of garlic (cut in half horizontally, skin on or broken into cloves)
3 tbspn of raspberry vinegar
Salt and pepper
Sicilian sausage roast – Method
- Heat oven to 180C
- Peel the vegetables and cut into chunks or rounds or leave whole
- Place in roasting tin with thyme and pour over the olive oil, mix well to coat the veg
- Add butter in small pieces over the top
- Season with salt and pepper
- Roast for a good half hour
- Add the onion and the garlic cloves
- Turn the vegetables and baste
- Roast for another half an hour, splash with the raspberry vinegar, mix well
- Cook for a further ten minutes until the vegetable are soft and coated with the lovely raspberry glaze.
- Don’t forget to place the Sicilian sausage into another tray and bake for 20 mins at 180C
- When cooked and golden brown, cut the sausages into pieces on the diagonal and toss in with the roast vegetables.
- Eat when piping hot and enjoy!
We chose the Sicilian sausage for this recipe for its authentic blend of fennel and garlic with fresh free range pork sausage