Sausage, Sage and Mozzarella Bake with Roasted Vegetables
This delicious easy tea is perfect for the family and a great way to use up any single sausages left over from our packs! We used our Yorkshire Sausage for this dish and it would work equally well with our speciality Bratwurst sausages. Measuring approx 8″ long, each Bratwurst is a delicious, rich and savoury mix of 100% Yorkshire free range pork and beef. salt and our special blend of seasoning. Takes about 30 minutes to cook in total and this recipe Serves 4.
- 3 carrots chopped into chunks
- 3 red onions cut into wedges
- 2 -3 parsnips chopped into chunks
- 2 tbspn Olive Oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pack of Primal Cut Yorkshire or Bratwurst Sausages
For the Sauce and Topping
- 1 heaped tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 3tbsp clear honey (or replace the honey with coconut aminos about 1-2 tspn)
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 10-12 sage leaves
- 1 ball of mozzarella, torn into pieces
Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Place the onions, carrots and parsnips in an ovenproof dish.
Drizzle with oil, season and toss everything together until coated. Spread out in the tin.
Pop into the oven and roast for 10 minutes then add the sausages to the dish and bake for a further 10 minutes.
For the sauce, mix together the mustard, honey (or coconut aminos) , orange juice and zest.
After 10 minutes pour the sauce over the sausages, then scatter the sage leaves and pieces of mozzarella over.
Place everything back in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with sauteed green vegetables for a health meal.