Sausage with Borlotti beans – Easy Gluten Free Tea!
Pan cooked sausage with borlotti beans, spinach and creme fraiche: this great tasting recipe is quick to make, seasonal, warming and budget friendly!
Coconut Oil for frying
6 free range, gluten free sausages – (we used Primal Cut healthy sausages – “The Cambridge“) – halved lengthways
2 red onions
2 garlic cloves
4 fresh rosemary sprigs
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
125g baby spinach leaves
2 x 400 g borlotti beans (drained and rinsed from a tin)
3 tbsp creme fraiche (this adds a lovely creamy texture to the sauce)
- In a large deep frying pan, heat a tablespoon of coconut oil and add the halved sausages.
- Fry for 5 minutes, turning every now and then, until golden brown.
- Add the onions to the pan (you may need to add more oil).
- Fry for 5-8 minutes until softening. Turn up the heat slightly and add the garlic, rosemary and vinegar, then cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the spinach, a splash of water and the beans, then fry for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the crème fraîche and cook for a minute more until all the spinach has wilted and the sausages are cooked through.
- Adjust seasoning to taste, then serve straightaway, hot and bubbling from the pan.